Thursday Thirteen: It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
I was very serious today in my T13 at CQ. And that exhausted me. I could have gone to bed -- should have gone to bed; but then what would you do without your dose of Pop Tart T13 Snark?
Anyway, I had these images left over, see, and I don't want the scans to go bad! The trouble is, they really don't have a theme...
OK, so how about telling it like it is: Thirteen Old Things Which Get My Snark On.
1) Guys are worried about shrinkage.
That's about all I'm at liberty to say at this PG-13 blog. No, no; there'll be no comments from me about Moms, balls, or hot water -- or anything else.
2) Is it just me, or did Disney rip-off Lilo from these retro dolls?
3) And speaking of law suits, I hope Mary Jane's last name was "Moppet"...
4) OK, remember how we once called those big-boned boys "husky"? Heck, maybe we still do; I just don't have a husky son, so I don't know if that label has really gone away... But I am oh-so glad that McCall's et all stopped using the word "Chubbies" to describe their patterns for little girls who 'need' their "Pounds-Thinner" patterns. Oh, and by the way, while McCall's actually printed "Chubbie's" on the tab of the giant pattern book (June, 1972), there were a total of two such patterns available -- and no robes or anything. Fat and fashion-less may be one thing... But fat and naked is another. Tough-love, ey?
5) Mother, get the garbage can and some asbestos -- it's dinner time!
Both a time and a fuel saver, you say? The modern fireless cooker was featured in a 1948 Modern Woman's Magazine. Click it and you can follow the directions yourself. (Our lawyers remind us to remind you that we are only joking about that.)
6) Ooooh, beautiful answers to the fuel shortage! We can burn them!
7) Before L'Oréal had babes exclaiming, "Because I'm worth it!"...
Clairol said, "Girls, do it because he's worth it!" Huh. I wonder why they still don't use that pitch?
8) Does your watch tell you the year? Yeah, how about the year you got it? This Alf watch screams 1988 to me...
9) Meh. This belt's 'knot' any better.
10) You've just got to meet Frieda Krank!
11) Fingers and kittens in my girdle? Why yes, thank you!
12) Say, just how much is that bunny in the refrigerator?
13) Zebraphilia is a huge motivator in the dessert industry.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants